If you care about what makes a great city or town and are looking for some inspiration to make the Farmington/Farmington Hills community even better here are a few web sites, blogs, and podcasts you’ll want to check out.
Websites and Blogs:
1. Strong Towns For those passionate about the future of America’s towns and neighborhoods.
2. City Lab Informs and inspires the people who are creating the cities of the future—and those who want to live there.
3. Better Cities & Towns Better places, stronger communities.
4. Congress for the New Urbanism Promoting walkable, mixed-use neighborhood development, sustainable communities and healthier living conditions.
5. Planetizen A public-interest information exchange for the urban planning, design, and development community.
6. Sustainable Cities Collective The worlds best thinkers on the urban future.
7. Streetsblog USA A daily news source connecting people to information about sustainable transportation and livable communities.
8. Project for Public Spaces The central hub of the global placemaking movement, connecting people to ideas, expertise, and partners who share a passion for creating vital places.
9. Michigan Municipal League Better Communities. Better Michigan.
10. PlaceShakers Planting the seeds of community.
11. 8-80 Cities Contributing to the transformation of cities into places where people can walk, bike, access public transit and visit vibrant parks and public places.
12. Center for Active Design Promoting physical activity and healthy food access through the design of buildings, streets, and neighborhoods.
1. The Urbanist from Monocle
2. Strong Towns podcast
3. Urbanism Speakeasy A show about making places better for people
4. CNU podcast from the Congress for the New Urbanism
5. Community Matters
6. Talking Headways podcast from Streetsblog
7. The Prosperity Agenda from the Michigan Municipal League
Do you have any websites, blogs, or podcasts to recommend? Let us know what you think!