Yes, you’ll want to see ALL the films at the 2015 Greater Farmington Film Festival but here are 10 good reasons to see Fed Up on Saturday, March 7th, at 7:00 pm at the Farmington Civic Theater.
1. Discover for yourself why The Wrap said Fed Up “Unearths the dirty secret of the American food industry.”
2. Hear journalist and author Katie Couric narrate the film. Couric, who has been interested in health and nutrition news since her coverage of the topic on the Today Show, is also a producer of the film.
3. Learn why USA Today called Fed Up “The movie that will change the way people think about eating.”
4. Listen to former President Bill Clinton discuss the long-term health damages Americans are facing with too much sugar intake.
5. Learn why you don’t see daily value percentages for sugar listed on federally mandated nutrition labels.
6. Listen to Michael Pollan, a well-respected journalist and author known for such books as In Defense of Food, talk about how preparing your own meals helps you avoid the health hazards of too much sugar.
8. See the movie that was nominated for a Grand Jury prize at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival.
9. Learn why Mark Bittman, a well-known food author and journalist for the New York Times, compares the behavior of junk food companies to that of tobacco companies thirty years ago.
10. Be inspired to learn more about what goes into the food you consume and how you can make healthier decisions.
Check out the trailer below and purchase your tickets at the Farmington Civic Theater, Costick Center, or online at the festival web site.