There’s always a lot of great arts and cultural events in the Farmington/Hills community but things get taken up a notch once June hits, the weather gets warmer, and summer music season starts.
Here are KickstART farmington’s recommendations for the week of June 10th:
- Lunch Beats in Riley Park, featuring Steve Taylor, who blends soulful music and intimate lyrics and performs all over Michigan as a solo acoustic artist and with his band, The Steve Taylor Three. June 12th at noon in Riley Park
- Jeff Morrison, author of Guardians of Detroit: Architectural Sculpture in the Motor City presents a program highlighting stories and photographs featuring Detroit’s architecture and sculpture. His new book contains 770 original photographs of Detroit’s most beautiful buildings and sculptures. June 12th at 7:00 pm at the Farmington Community Library (main library on 12 Mile)
- Farmington Community Band performs at Stars in the Park. June 13th at 7:00 pm Thursday at the Heritage Park Amphitheater
- The Right Now perform at Rhythms in Riley Park. June 14th at 7:00 pm in Riley Park
- Grab a movie and popcorn at the Farmington Civic Theater. This week’s schedule (Monday-Thursday) includes Loopers: The Caddies Long Walk, Hotel Mumbai, Missing Link, and Shazam!