We highlight here some great articles we’ve read this week dealing with art, creative placemaking, and building great communities. You’re sure to find some inspiration to make your life and our community even better!
- The Art of Social Change: “Socially engaging people’s minds is the heartbeat of what we do, all seen through the lens of storytelling.”
- 10 Ways to Partner with Community Artists: “Co-create projects with artists that align with both institutional goals and the goals of the artist, and the community they work alongside, alleviating some of the barriers.”
- Integrating Arts and Culture Strategies into Transit Plans: “Wilhite sees their role as artists and storytellers to be not just gatherers of information from a wider range of communities, but gatherers of stories that are more nuanced than what can be gleaned from an online survey.”
- Give Fans Transit Passes to Tame Game-Day Traffic: “Game-day congestion is part of football tradition, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Enter the concept of ‘transit validation,’ in which sporting venues contract with public transit operators so that all ticket holders can ride buses and trains free on game days.”
- Pay Attention to How a City Makes You Feel: “we shouldn’t discount subjective feedback like beauty and how a place makes us feel… They can be our first hint that something here is working … or not.”