We highlight here some great articles we’ve read this week dealing with art, creative placemaking, and building great communities. You’re sure to find some inspiration to make your life and our community even better!
- Starting a Revolution at an Art Museum in Brazil: “At the museum, we are trying to address certain themes that are urgent right now and have become even more urgent in the last few months.”
- Cars Make Your Life More Expensive, Even If You Don’t Have One: “the U.S. spends between $102 billion and $374 billion on free parking, which is ‘somewhere between what we pay for Medicare and national defense’.”
- When Arts and Business COLLIDE: “Understanding the economic impact that an arts community or district can have, Collide’s ultimate vision is to help Cuyahoga Falls become a destination for art, creating a positive economic effect.”
- Building Strong Towns, One Storefront at a Time: “Storefront Placemakers are business owners who treat their storefronts as public space. They improve the city around them by making their blocks more inclusive, compassionate and open.”
- Designing Buildings with a Sense of Place and Purpose: “Francis Kéré has gone on to become one of the most distinguished contemporary architects thanks to his pioneering of a communal approach to design and his commitment to sustainable materials as well as modes of construction.”