Yes, you’ll want to see ALL the films at the Greater Farmington Film Festival but here are 10 good reasons to see Rising from Ashes on Friday night, March 7th, at 9:30 pm at the Farmington Civic Theater.
- If you are a fan (like us), of “Best Cinematography” Oscar nominee films, you don’t want to miss the stunning cinematography of RISING FROM ASHES on the big screen. Rwanda is known throughout the world as “the land of a thousand hills” and is brimming with a natural, rugged beauty.
2. Wonderfully inspiring! Joyous and uplifting, full of spirit, memorable athletes and remarkable achievements. — New York Daily News.
3. Beautifully narrated by Forest Whitaker, who is also the Executive Producer of this film. Need we say more?
4. We all need reminders every now and then of the remarkable resilience of the human spirit.
5. If you are a cycling enthusiast (or an athlete of any kind), you will identify with the Team Rwanda cyclists, knowing first hand the raw grit and determination it takes to keep going even when the odds are stacked against you.
6. Witness firsthand that with commitment, hard work and consistency of practice, you can achieve your goals.
7. You will leave this film truly understanding the depth of feeling behind this Rwandan proverb: “You can outrun that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you.”
8. Brings the devastatingly brutal 1994 Rwandan genocide–that claimed more than a million lives within three months–up close and personal by allowing us to become a part of the cycling team members’ lives and experiences during that time.
9. “Rising From Ashes” gives you more than you expect,” says LA Times Film Critic Kenneth Turran. You will leave this film awesomely inspired, with renewed faith in the human spirit.
10. You’ve watched the film trailer and understand RISING FROM ASHES is a must-see film, so get your tickets today!