Yes, you’ll want to see ALL the films at the Greater Farmington Film Festival but here are 10 good reasons to see our opening film REJECT.
1. Peter Brauer, editor and producer of REJECT, will be on hand to discuss his work on the film. If you missed him at our festival preview you’ll definitely want to hear him talk about the film. He’ll be joined by educators discussing efforts to deal with bullying in our schools.
2. If we train children to be inclusive and kind, we will, quite literally, change the world. Reject is a must-see film. —Pat Lyden, CEO, Suicide Prevention Education Alliance
3. REJECT provides insight into the scientific research on rejection and provides practical solutions that can reduce bullying behaviors.
4. You’ll be reminded that a simple act of kindness can have a great impact on another person.
5. You’ll want to play Cyberball.
6. Yes, you will laugh. And you’ll likely cry. But you’ll leave the theater knowing you can do something to make someone else feel more accepted.
7. For anyone concerned with our children’s future, this film is an absolute must-see. —37th Cleveland International Film Festival
8. You’ll know what it means to say “You can’t say you can’t play”.
9. REJECT is for parents, doctors, teachers, coaches, school administrators, organizations that train teachers, mental health professionals, clergy, counselors (camp, after-school, academic, etc.), juvenile judges, and many others—in other words, anyone who holds power over others, and holds the power to model acceptance or inflict rejection.— Ruth Thomas-Suh, REJECT Director
10. You’ve watched the trailer and understand this is a film for everyone. So get those tickets now!