There’s always a lot of great arts and cultural events in the Farmington/Hills community and this week is no exception.
Here are KickstART farmington’s recommendations for the week of July 22nd:
- Enjoy Kids Gone Creative, an exhibition of artwork from the 2019 Summer Art Camps, at the City Gallery at the Costick Center through August 2nd, open weekdays.
- Lunch Beats in Riley Park, featuring John Latini, who personifies the best that the heartland, and especially Michigan’s righteous rock history, have to offer: an honest, straight-ahead, no-nonsense commitment to real songs about real people. July 24th at noon in Riley Park.
- Family Fun in Riley Park, featuring magician and entertainer, Cameron Zvara! Cameron’s show is filled with magic, comedy, juggling, stunts, music and audience participation. July 24th at 7 pm in Riley Park.
- The FCB Big Band, a hand-picked group of jazz musicians who specialize in the sounds of the big band era—Basie, Ellington, Miller, Dorsey and more, performs at Stars in the Park. July 25th at 7:00 pm Thursday at the Heritage Park Amphitheater.
- Billy Mack and the Juke Joint Johnnies guarantee a night filled with boppin’, rockin’, two-steppin’, swing dancin’ and outrageous fun at Rhythms in Riley Park. July 26th at 7:00 pm in Riley Park.
- The 2019 Bèl Bagay Lakay Festival, a celebration of Haitian culture through art, crafts, food, dance and music, begins on Saturday evening, July 27th, at 6:00 pm at Riley Park and concludes on Sunday night, July 28th, at 10:00 pm.
- Grab a movie and popcorn at the Farmington Civic Theater. This week’s schedule (Monday-Thursday) includes Pavarotti, Rocketman, Late Night, and Aladdin.