We highlight here some great articles we’ve read this week dealing with art, creative placemaking, and building great communities. You’re sure to find some inspiration to make your life and our community even better!
- Prismatica Public Art Exhibit Headed to Downtown Grand Rapids: “The interactive exhibit includes 25 pivoting prisms, each over six feet tall, mounted on projectors and set up to transmit and reflect every color in the visible spectrum, creating a rainbow ice palace.”
- Phasing Out Cars Key to Paris Mayor’s Plans for 15-Minute City: the 15-minute city would offer “quality of life within short distances.”
- How Better Bus Lanes Can Fix Everyone’s Commute: “Better and speedier transit options mean more people ride in densely packed buses, meaning fewer cars on the road, resulting in faster drive times, even for those who still take a car to work.”
- In Defense of Dumb Cities: “The dumb city stands the test of time. And that is the best prediction that the simple tech of traditional city building will be here for some time to come, if we’re smart enough to use it.”
- Tips for a New Era of Placemaking Philanthropy: “the landscape for placemaking funding opportunities has grown and diversified, now ranging from national nonprofits to family foundations, crowdfunding sites to state-level Main Street organizations.”