We highlight here some great articles we’ve read this week dealing with art, creative placemaking, and building great communities. You’re sure to find some inspiration to make your life and our community even better!
- Bicycling Will Save Tomorrow’s Cities: “Growth in urban bicycle use can drive profound societal changes” through “reductions in traffic and pollution, less-crowded public transit systems, and improvements in public health.”
- How Artists Build the Spirit of a Town: “For those who remain skeptics about the positive economic impact that the arts can have on a town, here are some answers.”
- Crafting a Road to Recovery with Dulcimer Strings: “the Appalachian Artisan Center … embarked on … an apprentice program for young adults rebounding from the insidious treadmill of opioids … participants … learn traditional arts like luthiery—the making and repairing of stringed instruments.”
- The Benefits of Greening a Community:“When you create a sustainable community, people who are interested in living in greater harmony with nature will want to come.”
- 3 Neighborly Goals for 2020: “When we are attentive—looking closely at our places and listening to the stories that are emerging from them—we start to notice the hopeful, inspiring, and impactful things that are occurring all around us.”