FLEE tells the story of Amin Nawabi as he grapples with a painful secret he has kept hidden for twenty years, one that threatens to derail the life he has built for himself and his soon to be husband. Recounted mostly through animation to director Jonas Poher Rasmussen, he tells for the first time the story of his extraordinary journey as a child refugee from Afghanistan.
- The Guardian calls FLEE “one of the most uniquely memorable animated films of the last decade”.
- FLEE won the Grand Jury Prize winner at the Sundance Festival.
- FLEE is the first film to ever be nominated for Best Documentary Feature, Best Animated Feature, and Best International film at the Academy Awards.
- The subject of the film, Amin Nawabi, shared “I really wanted my story to be seen by people because the stories that we’ve seen about refugees don’t often open avenues for people to identify with refugees in general.”
- Cheat Sheet notes that FLEE “is a masterwork of human storytelling”.
Purchase your tickets today at gffilmfest.com/films!